Lufthansa – your first choice for Germany and Beyond
Departures from regional UK airports, conveniently-timed direct flights to all Germany’s major cities and a wide range of great-value fares make Lufthansa your first choice for Germany. And with fast, efficient hubs at Frankfurt and Munich and an extensive global route network, we’re a good choice for flights to the rest of the world too!
With 460 weekly departures to Germany, Lufthansa in the UK and Ireland departure airports include Aberdeen, Birmingham, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London City, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester and Newcastle.
Many of our passengers fly with us year after year. This is why:
Lufthansa Business Class, long-haul
The new Lufthansa Business Class will be introduced on long-haul flights – starting on board the new Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental and the new Airbus A330. Thanks to the new Business Class concept, the entire cabin will feel bigger and more spacious. The star of the Lufthansa’s new Business Class is the new seat.
Here are some highlights:
- The new seat transforms smoothly into a 1.98 m long, fully flat bed. Retractable armrests increase the width of the sleeping surface
- A new seating configuration creates more privacy and easier access to individual seats
- Subtle, natural shades of colour increase the feeling of well-being and encourage passengers to relax
- Additional storage compartments offer more storage space for hand luggage
- Larger, individually adjustable 15 inch monitors and Sennheiser headphones, which minimise external noise, create the ideal conditions for maximum enjoyment of the individual audio/video programme
So that all Business Class customers can enjoy the new product on intercontinental routes, the entire Lufthansa long-haul fleet will be successively equipped with the new Business Class.
Lufthansa Business and Economy Class, short-haul
On board the completely refitted Lufthansa short and medium-haul aircraft passengers experience even more personal space and comfort:
- The newly developed seat offers considerably more knee and legroom than before
- In Business Class the adjacent seat is always kept free
- In-flight service with greater variety:
- In Economy Class complimentary food and beverages on all flights; on longer flights, e.g. from Frankfurt to Lisbon, passengers enjoy a hot meal
- In Business Class even on short routes, culinary treats and interesting menus are offered