FCm’s parent company flies high in Sunday Times 100 Best Companies
March 7, 2014
FCm Travel Solutions’ parent company, Flight Centre UK, has been honoured in the highly prestigious Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014, making it one of the most dynamic and engaging places to work in Britain for the tenth year running.
This year’s accolade sees the company appearing at number 60, as revealed at The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies awards ceremony held at Battersea Evolution. Flight Centre UK also received an on-stage award for their “ten years commitment to making the world a better workplace”.
Close to 900 businesses with a total of around 250,000 staff registered to take part in the 2014 process, which includes a unique employee survey and organisation questionnaire. An organisation’s score is fundamentally derived from the employee survey and is dependent on how highly staff score their employers according to key factors such as leadership, personal growth, wellbeing, teamwork, and benefits.
Jo Greenfield, general manager, FCm Travel Solutions UK said: “We are proud to be recognised as a ‘Best Company to Work For’ and delighted that our staff feel it is one of the UK’s best places to work. Our people are our greatest asset and we have a strong focus across the company to provide opportunities for development and career progression as the company.”
Flight Centre UK has ambitious growth plans to become a £1.5 billion company by 2018, creating many new job opportunities across both its leisure and corporate travel businesses.
As part of that growth, FCm Travel Solutions is committed to ensuring employees are rewarded through a range of benefits that promote a positive workplace culture. The main staff benefits include:
• Generous commission and uncapped earning potential
• Discounted travel and fantastic incentives from the world's top travel providers
• Industry renowned social events and excellent company culture
• Exceptional career progression with opportunities across the globe
• Fast-track leadership programme to develop the future leaders of the business
• Comprehensive induction, sales, product and leadership training
• Free and confidential financial advice from in-house financial advisors
• Free health consultations, discounted fitness sessions and gym memberships
• Discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, tax-free bikes and more
• Opportunity to take a three month sabbatical after five years
“We have also focused on leadership development and succession planning over the last year, as we recognise that our future business leaders are the ones working as business travel consultants today,” added Jo Greenfield. “Our new six-stage Leadership Pathway provides Team Leaders with comprehensive training to develop leadership skills and business acumen, ensuring they have a clear path for progression as well as the opportunities and training they need to achieve their career goals.”