Aer Lingus operates from Dublin and Shannon Airports to four gateways in the United States: New York-JFK, Boston, Chicago and Orlando and NEW from April 2014 San Francisco and Toronto.
Connections to USA available from nine U.K. regional airports. Passengers from/to the U.K. will enjoy a smooth connection and the possibility of U.S. Immigration and Custom’s pre-clearance at Dublin Airport’s brand new Terminal 2 (T2).
Dublin Terminal 2
Aer Lingus flights from Dublin to the USA pre-clears US Customs and Immigration in T2 Dublin, saving considerable time on endless queues upon arrival.
The move to T2 enables passengers to benefit from the provision of the United States Preclearance facilities at Dublin airport. This allows departing passengers for all US flights to clear not only US immigration but also full US customs and agriculture controls. The benefit of this service to passengers is that, having collected their luggage at their US airport of arrival, they can move quickly to their next destination without any further processing requirement.
The preclearance facility, which is operated by US personnel, is located on the ground level of the new terminal.
After check-in, passengers on these flights should follow airport signage for the US pre-clearance facility. The entrance to the US pre-clearance facility is adjacent to gate 408. Please proceed to the facility not later than 90-minutes before Departure.
A gate number will be advised on the Flight Information Display screens on exiting the Preclearance area.
Duty free goods including cigarettes and alcohol cannot be sold on-board flights which pre-clear US Customs and Immigration.
Please note check-in for all transatlantic flights will close 75 minutes before scheduled departure time for Economy Class passengers and 60 minutes before departure for Business Class passengers.
New for 2014
In addition to New York, Boston, Chicago and Orlando, this spring will see the launch of San Francisco and Toronto Aer Lingus’s Transatlantic portfolio. San Francsico will link with Ireland five times weekly year round whilst Toronto will be served daily throughout the summer and reducing down to four times weekly during the winter period.
In addition to the new destinations, direct services from Shannon to New York and Boston are being increased which will open up additional capacity to nearly 40 onwards US destinations. The growth in capacity is due to the arrival of additional aircraft which will see Aer Lingus now operating up to 10 daily flights across the Atlantic.
Our Business Class Cabin is available on routes between Ireland and the United States. Our airbus A330 fleet contain up to 24 seats that enable passengers to work, sleep or relax in comfort.
The Business cabin is configured with 2-2-2 window or aisle seating throughout the cabin.
All our aircrafts are equipped with our new lie flat beds featuring the following:
- Hard Shell cocoon around each seat
- Pitch increase by 10% to 57"
- Full flat recline 167 degrees
- Privacy divider
- Arm rest integrates into bed for 2" more width in lie flat position/li>
- In-seat laptop power
- On Demand In-flight Entertainment System (IFE)
The new Aer Lingus Gold Circle Lounge in Dublin Airport's Terminal 2 and London Heathrow Airport are now open. Enjoy modern surroundings while you relax for your flight, with complementary wi-fi, I-pads available at LHR, refreshments, newspapers and more.
Passengers with BA Silver/Gold cards and above are able to access the Aer Lingus Lounges when flying on a BA/EI code share flight.
Our Economy Class Cabin offers a relaxing environment with complimentary in flight entertainment and meal service. Our new economy class cabins have increased seat space through innovative design and up to 32" of seat pitch and recline, ensuring a more enjoyable flight.
- Web Check-In - Aer Lingus offer’s clients the facility to check-in online up to 30 days prior to departure and print off a boarding pass prior to their arrival at the airport. They are also able to pre assign their preferred seating. (subject to availability)
- Airport Check-In – Aer Lingus desks or kiosks (from 2hrs to 45mins prior departure)
- Mobile Check-In – Mobile application for Apple Android and Blackberry
- Full allocated seating
- In-flight Service - "Sky Deli" drinks and snacks can be purchased on the short-haul routes. Free of charge meal service on the Trans-Atlantic routes to the USA
- The Gold Circle Club is the Aer Lingus Frequent Flyer Programme. It entitles members to earn and spend frequent flyer points on Aer Lingus flights and partner member airline flights such at British Airways, United Airlines, Qantas, Jetblue and KLM.
Aer Lingus Regional
These franchise services is branded as “Aer Lingus Regional” and operates using 6 Aer Arann ATR 72-500 aircraft and crew in the full Aer Lingus livery
UK airports now served by Aer Lingus are:
Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Blackpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Southend, Bristol, Isle of Man, Bournemouth and Cardiff to Dublin Cork and Shannon.