Our business is getting you to yours
United Airlines offers unrivalled access to the U.S. with nonstop flights from six UK airports, providing more convenience and choice from the UK than any other airline.
Nonstop flights are available to:
Chicago from London Heathrow and Edinburgh*
Houston, Los Angeles and San francisco from London Heathrow
New York (Newark) from London Heathrow, Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester
Washington, D.C. from London Heathrow and Manchester
From these U.S. gateways the extensive route network then provides connections to over 300 destinations across North, South and Central America, providing you with endless options to create multi-destination itineraries to suit your requirements.
Heathrow Terminal 2
From 4 June this year, all United’s flights from Heathrow will operate out of the new Terminal 2, The Queen’s Terminal. This state-of-the-art terminal will provide easier, faster routes through check-in and security on departure, and through border control on arrival. There will also be a choice of check-in methods: quick and easy self-service kiosks, fast bag-drop desks and full-service check-in desks. In addition, United will be offering customers travelling in premium classes the use of spectacular new lounges in Terminal 2: United Club and United Global First Lounge. The facilities will include complimentary food, beverages and Wi-Fi in addition to business facilities, shower suites, multiple power outlets and other amenities and services.
Later in 2014, operations of all the other 22 Star Alliance member carriers serving Heathrow will progressively move into Terminal 2, enabling faster, more convenient connections to and from flights operated by Star Alliance airlines, as well as Aer Lingus.
- Ergonomically-designed seats with up to 32 inches of legroom
- Complimentary hot meals on transatlantic flights
- Seat back screens offering a choice of films, TV programmes and music with complimentary headsets
- Free baggage allowance of 23kg per person
UNITED ECONOMY PLUS
- All the benefits and services of Economy, but with extra space and added comfort
- Up to 6 inches of additional legroom providing a total of up to 37 inches of legroom
- Seats located near the front of the Economy cabin allowing swifter exit on arrival
- 180 degree flat-bed seats providing up to 6 feet 6 inches of sleeping space
- Audio/Video on Demand multi-channel personal entertainment system with noise-reduction headphones
- Gourmet menus complemented by award-winning wines and champagnes
- Premier Access check-in, baggage handling and boarding
- Access to lounges worldwide (where available)
- Free baggage allowance of 2 bags weighing up to 23kg each per person
United Global First is also available on selected flights out of Heathrow. It offers all the benefits of United BusinessFirst®, but with a higher level of privacy and comfort complemented by more personal attention from dedicated crew members. All seats offer direct aisle access, a six-course gourmet dining choice, optional turn-down service after the meal service and access to United Global First lounges worldwide.
To keep you entertained
Most aircraft in the transatlantic fleet feature Audio/Video on Demand (AVOD) entertainment systems, offering choices of hundreds of movies and television shows, music, interactive video games, and even opportunities to learn languages during your flight – all at your fingertips. Power sockets are available on most flights to charge mobile devices.
Includes destinations served by United Airlines, Inc. and United Express. *Edinburgh-Chicago service operates 23 May-6 October. Onboard amenities may vary depending on aircraft type.